BSA Compliance Officer (Part-time)
WHO WE ARE
We enable growing platforms to build payroll. Our programmatic payroll solution and infrastructure powers the payroll stack for large-scale employers, such as gig economy and staffing companies, and prominent fintech, HR, and back office solutions. We not only help our customers manage their compliance, but also have the immense responsibility of ensuring accurate and timely payments to hundreds of thousands to millions of Americans.
As a Series A company, backed by top investors such as Y Combinator and Spark Capital (Plaid, Marqeta, Coinbase, Anthropic), we are pioneers in the space of embedded payroll and aim to revolutionize the way people use and think about payroll systems.
Our mission is to revolutionize how people build payment and payroll services by providing robust, seamless, and forward-thinking technology and we'd love to learn more about you and how you could be a fit for our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an early-stage Part-time BSA Compliance Officer hire here at Zeal. This will be a highly autonomous and strategic role where you will get to work directly with our CEO to elevate Zeal as a registered Money Services Business.
As a fintech organization we’d love it if you’d contribute to other projects related to our treasury management product, AML/BSA programs and training, in addition to being the project manager on our evolving money transmitter licensing. Someone looking to grow in their career within the fintech startup space in a highly autonomous role who loves to build programs would be a great fit!
SOME THINGS YOU MAY BE WORKING ON
- Serve as the subject matter expert on BSA/AML/OFAC matters to the company
- Develop, enhance, and manage effective BSA/AML compliance programs in alignment with Zeal’s business and risk profile
- This will include but is not limited to, enhancing and maintaining policies and procedures on our money transmitter licensing project, anti-fraud product road mapping with Payments teams, transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Audit the policies and practices of Zeal’s vendors to enforce Zeal’s compliance requirements and minimize risk
- Communicate with federal and state regulators, law enforcement, and bank partners, in formal audits, routine inquiries, and incident reporting
- Provide regular reports and communication on the state of the BSA/AML/OFAC programs to senior management and the Board
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a financial crime compliance role at a bank or money transmitter
- Subject matter expertise in the Bank Secrecy Act, equivalent state laws, and U.S. sanctions requirements
- Experience advising on and implementing compliant procedures including Know-Your-Customer and Know-Your-Business, Enhanced Due Diligence, transaction monitoring, and drafting Suspicious Activity Reports
- Experience drafting policies and guidance documents for internal and external stakeholders
- Experience conducting risk assessments and oversight of audits by federal and state regulators, banks, and other third-parties
- Ability to work alongside technical and operations teams to define legal requirements and ensure their effective application
- Strong Project Management and ability to work well in an autonomous role
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment with diverse groups of people and teams
- Prior start-up experience
- Interest in joining a fun fast-paced start-up in the fintech industry
- Since we are a tax/payroll infrastructure company there will always be interesting concepts to investigate, research, and solve - at our core we want to build compliant, easy-to-use products — your expertise will be vital to us achieving those goals 💪
- Build high-impact AML/BSA Compliance projects that will directly affect millions in projected revenue
We are a tight-knit, inclusive community that is into: music 🎵, cocktails 🍹, pets 🐈🐕, and above all else ~ high-quality espresso ☕ but more importantly we value championing for our staff to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone!
- 🩺 100% health coverage premium paid by the company; vision, dental, and 80% for dependents with HSA options
- ➕ Life Insurance, Accidental Insurance, and access to free EAP services
- 💸 Generous salary and equity for all staff
- 🪜 401k option; helping you save for the future
- 🚌 Commuters Stipend for all SF-based employees
- 📚 Yearly Professional Development Stipend to use on courses, books, events, etc
- 🥤 Monthly Happy Hours, Team Lunches, Boba breaks, and lots of Events (board games, trivia, bowling, VR, golfing, hiking)
- 👏 Company Wide Offsite every year (2023 - Coronado Island 🏝 2022 - Sonoma and Napa 🍷)
- 🦓 Awesome Zeal Swag - did you know a group of Zebra is called a Zeal, that’s why we have a Zebra mascot!
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
We are a fast-paced startup, so you may expect to hear back from us soon. While this is our process for most of our roles, sometimes stages are subject to change from time to time. But we will definitely notify you of the change ahead of time.
Step 1: Chat with the hiring manager
Step 2: Take-Home Assignment
Step 3: Presentation/Final Interview with the team
OUR COMPENSATION & PHILOSOPHY
The range for this role is between $80,000 and $120,000 (~20 hours/week, part-time salary) for California-based candidates
❤️ If you are curious to know more about our culture, check out our Notion Culture Doc
Our company (Puzzl Group, aka Zeal) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.