Automation Sales Manager
Who We Are:
At Formic, we’re on a mission to revolutionize American manufacturing and create more abundance in the world. We believe in continuing the American legacy of innovation by making automation accessible to all manufacturers and increasing their factory productivity by 10x.
Built upon deep expertise in robotics and manufacturing, our unique Pay-for-Productivity robotics solutions combine the best automation technology, tools, and uptime services for manufacturers, paving the way for a new era of supercharged efficiency and competitiveness.
As the world faces growing pressure from rising costs and labor shortages, Formic is a uniquely powerful tool in overcoming these challenges. Fueled by our vision for a resurged “Made in America,” we’re growing fast - achieving 70% quarterly growth in customer count and ARR, with ~30% of our customers having already deployed multiple systems.
Supporting us in our mission, with investments thus far totaling over $30 million, are backers including Lux Capital, Initialized Capital and CEOs and founders of multiple Fortune 50 companies.
As Sales Director you will play a pivotal role in driving revenue growth and market expansion in the region. You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sales plans, intimately understanding the local manufacturing industry, and cultivating strong relationships with key customers and partners. You’ll evaluate customer requirements for automation projects, work with the engineering team to develop concepts, and negotiate pricing and terms with end-users. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to make a significant impact and contribute to the continued success of Formic.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own new business development, inspiring potential customers to learn more about - and ultimately benefit from buying - Formic’s RaaS offering
- Research, source and uncover leads, own reach-out to, and convert industrial manufacturers to customers of Formic
- Evaluate customer requirements for automation projects, work with the engineering team to develop concepts, and follow up with quotes
- Generate new business, qualify potential projects, attentively follow up with leads, lead site visits for new project discovery, and present proposals to customers to fulfill their business needs
- Work with the Marketing and Sales Development team members to create targeted account outreach
- Represent Formic at trade shows and other industry events, strategically
- Lead both internal and external resources during the pitch process
- Maintain data integrity, document all pieces of pertinent information in Salesforce, and over-communicate with stakeholders and peers for the tightest and collaborative of sales successful processes
- Understand the local manufacturing customer base and market, as well as competitor offerings, customers and decision influencers across the region, and stay updated on automation market trends
- Proven track record of success in sales, with 8+ years of experience in technology or SaaS, with a preference for robotics, manufacturing or industrial automation
- Deep understanding of the robotics industry landscape, market dynamics, and customer needs.
- Ability to travel up to 75% within a given territory, at times overnight
- Proficiency in Salesforce and G-suite
- Customer-centric approach with a focus on building long-term relationships and providing outstanding customer experiences
- Proven success hunting and building a territory, including building a territory plan, generating leads, and leading site visits
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data and market insights to drive informed decision-making
- Hunger to learn and grow in a fast-paced startup
- Experience thriving in a sales process-driven environment
- Comfort with ambiguity; a proactive and assertive nature is required
- Dedication to upholding process while staying resilient and keeping a team player attitude
- Impeccable follow-up and follow-through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Total rewards packages at Formic consist of salaries benchmarked against similar stage growth companies, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD), and equity in Formic. As an early stage startup, equity is an important part of our investment in you, and your investment in Formic. When Formic succeeds, we all succeed.
Final offer amounts are custom-crafted, based on the cash/equity ratio preference of the candidate, as well as their experience, geographical location and cost of labor, and more, and may vary from the range listed below. Ultimately we’re seeking top performers who will make a difference to our business, and we’re open to negotiating the compensation structure for the right candidate.
The expected base pay range for this position is $100,000 - $160,000, plus commission.
What We Offer:
Formic believes we do our best work when we are equipped to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. To support this Formic offers comprehensive benefits and perks for full-time US-based employees*, including:
- Equity in Formic: your slice of ownership in a fast-growing Series A startup, backed by some of the best investors in the world
- 99% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (75% coverage for dependents) via Blue Cross Blue Shield and Guardian
- FSA & DCFSA
- Life insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability plans (covered at 100%) via Guardian
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k
- $2,000 Home Office allowance
- Monthly Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy and 10+ company holidays
- Bi-annual all-company retreats
*As our team grows, our benefit and perk offerings for employees based outside of the United States will vary. We are happy to discuss these options with you as part of our recruiting and interviewing experience.
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.